The very best insulator is knowledge.
Committed to finding the right products, right solutions and educating the Canadian design community.
Schedule an online continuing education seminar with the Owens Corning Building Science team.
Topics Covered in the Seminars,
Select One or Both:
Principles of Acoustics
- Basic principles of acoustics (airborne structure-borne and impact noises)
- Acoustical solutions and STC ratings of common wall and floor assemblies
- New minimum ASTC 47 requirement in NBCC 2015 for separating assemblies between dwelling units
- Types and impact of acoustic insulations on STC and ASTC
- Fire resistance designs and ratings of common wall and floor assemblies
- Design tools and references for acoustic and fire separations
Addressing Thermal Bridging in Exterior Wall Assemblies
- New energy code requirements and path toward mandatory zero energy ready for all new buildings by 2032
- Impact of thermal bridges on assembly U value
- Thermal bridge solutions
- Thermal bridge design guides
- New Owens Corning® Thermafiber® RainBarrier® ci High Compressive continuous mineral wool insulations